Matt Menzer, Attorney at Law
Matt Menzer, founder of Menzer Law, is a top-rated attorney dedicated to providing exceptional legal representation to those who have suffered a serious personal injury or the wrongful death of a loved one. A graduate of Brown University, UC Berkeley School of Law, and two federal judicial clerkships, Matt combines his first-rate education with 30 years’ experience to achieve the best possible outcome for his clients.
Matt’s deep experience extends to all phases of the litigation process, from case investigation, to complex discovery and pretrial motions, trial, and settlement. Additionally, Matt is one of only four attorneys in Washington state admitted and qualified as an attorney and counselor of the U.S. Court of Federal Claims to represent people injured by certain vaccines.
In addition to clients, members of the bar and the judiciary have recognized Matt’s outstanding achievements in personal injury law. Martindale-Hubbell, the gold standard in attorney ratings, rates Matt as “AV Preeminent” — the highest grade given to a lawyer for professional excellence. Matt has also earned the highest rating of “superb” by Avvo for his achievements in the legal field, and “Top Lawyer” by Seattle Metropolitan Magazine.
In recognition of Matt’s high ethical standards and professional legal ability, The International Society of Primerus Law Firms selected Menzer Law in 2016 as the only personal injury firm in Washington state to join its prestigious society of top-rated law firms.
Matt is the author of scholarly lectures and legal articles, including The Rise of Alternative Long-Term Care Facilities; What Plaintiffs’ Lawyers Need to Know, and is a contributing author to the 2019 edition of the Nursing Home Litigation Desk Book.
In addition to Washington, Matt practices law in California and Hawaii. He is Of Counsel to the Seattle law firms of KHBB Law; Lowenthal and Lowenthal in Hawaii, and the Federman Law Firm in California.
- University of California Berkeley School of Law. Doctor of Jurisprudence degree, 1987
- Brown University. Bachelor of Arts degree, Honors, 1981
- Menzer Law Firm, PLLC, Owner, 2002 – Present
- McNaul Ebel Nawrot Helgren & Vance, Partner, 1996 – 2002
- Culp, Guterson, and Grader, Attorney, 1992 – 1996
- Lowenthal & August, Attorney, 1990 – 1992
- United States District Court for Hawaii, Judicial Law Clerk, 1989 – 1990
- United States District Court for Southern District of New York, Judicial Law Clerk 1987 – 1988
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court, Western and Eastern Districts of Washington, 1992
- U.S. District Court, District of Hawaii, 1990
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California, 1988
- U.S. District Court, Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- Washington State Bar Association
- Hawaii State Bar Association
- California State Bar Association
Key Honors & Awards
- AV Preeminent Rating from Martindale-Hubbell, the highest grade given to a lawyer for professional excellence
- 10.0 Superb Rating from attorney rating site Avvo
- ‘Clients’ Choice Award’ from attorney rating site Avvo
- Seattle Met Magazine named Matt Menzer as one of the ‘Top Attorneys in Washington’
- America’s Top 100 Attorneys Lifetime Achievement
- Menzer Law ranked #58 among The Law 500 “Fastest Growing Law Firms in the U.S.”
Legal Association Memberships
- International Society of Primerus Law Firms
- Eagle Member, Washington State Association for Justice
- King County Bar Association
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Certified Settlement Guardian Ad Litem, King County, Washington
- Admitted and qualified as an attorney and counselor of the United States Court of Federal Claims
Pro bono/Community Service
- Washington Medical-Legal Partnership
- Vice President, Board of Directors, Outrigger Canoe Club, Seattle