JohnDavid Toren, Attorney at Law
JohnDavid Toren is a lifelong resident of the State of Washington. He graduated from Whitman College (B.A., 2010) with a degree in Economics and received his law degree in 2014 from the University of Washington School of Law (J.D., 2014). He is licensed to practice law in Washington and in the U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Washington.
JohnDavid has been with the Menzer Law Firm since 2014. His legal practice focuses on the areas of personal injury, wrongful death, medical malpractice, trust, guardianship and estate litigation, and insurance law.
Prior to working for the Menzer Law Firm, JohnDavid interned at King County Superior Court for Judge Susan Craighead. He also worked for Seattle area law firm Emmal, Skalbania, & Vinnedge.
During law school, JohnDavid spent three years volunteering for the Innocence Project Student Chapter, and one year working directly with clients as part of the Innocence Project Northwest clinical law program.
He spends a week every summer volunteering for a local camp on Orcas Island. In his spare time, he enjoys hiking, rock climbing, playing flag football, and following Seattle sports teams. He is also licensed to perform marriages in the State of Washington and has officiated three to date.
JohnDavid is co-author of legal articles, including The Rise of Alternative Long-Term Care Facilities; What Plaintiffs’ Lawyers Need to Know, and is a contributing author to the 2019 edition of the Nursing Home Litigation Desk Book.
- University of Washington School of Law, Doctor of Jurisprudence degree, 2014
- Whitman College, B.A. in Economics, 2010
- Menzer Law Firm, PLLC, Attorney, 2014 – Present
- Emmal, Skalbania, & Vinnedge, Law Clerk, 2013
- King County Superior Court, Legal Extern to Judge Susan Craighead, Spring of 2013
Bar & Court Admissions
- Washington State Bar Association, 2014
- U.S. District Court, Western and Eastern Districts of Washington (2016; 2017)
Pro bono/Community Service
- Washington Medical-Legal Partnership